Saturday, February 13, 2016

So It's Valentine's Day


So what is Valentine's day? IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! lol... no really it is but that's not the point of the blog post. 
Each year during this time I either see happy couples or hear people complaining. Even couples sometimes complain about Valentine's day and that is something I really don't understand.
So why all the hate on this one day? Single people hate it because they can't spend it with someone special and couples sometimes don't enjoy it because either he didn't take her to the fancy place she wanted or he didn't get her the gift she's been hinting at for ages. 
I have my own take on this day. Sure, first and foremost I don't really care about it cause it's my birthday so who cares? lol... but actually I love Valentine's day, always have. You go out, everything's decorated in red, restaurants have a special Valentine menu, and the dessert possibilities are ENDLESS! A few years ago, I had a Valentine special ice-cream thing from Haagen-Dazs with my friend and yeah it was great, I loved it, and I had a great time. 
I'm not arguing, it's definitely better to be sharing this day with a boyfriend or girlfriend, but don't let that bring your mood down! Go out with your squad, enjoy that special menu and go watch a chick flick! (Sidenote: How To Be Single and The Choice are both in theaters right now, perfect chick flicks, so really go watch a movie!) And for the single guys out there, definitely also enjoy that special menu or ditch it and go have open beer and wings then hit the gym or play a football game or something. Valentine's day in my opinion isn't just for happy couples, it's for everyone who loves someone, be it a best friend, your squad, or just about anyone. Don't let the labels define who you get to spend that day with! If you're a girl and have a best guy friend and you're both single, sure go somewhere together, and if the waiters ask you if you're a couple, SAY YES YOU'LL GET FREE DESSERT, lol!

I guess all I'm trying to say is everyone should have a good time on Valentine's day and no one should sulk at home! Enjoy the 14th of February guys!

XOXO!

1 comment: