Tuesday, March 10, 2015

10 things that instantly make life a bit better!

Hi everyone! The weather today is making me really happy so I thought I'd share some things that put me in a good besides the weather, can't really do much about nature, lol! 

1. Keep a journal. Writing down what you did during the day allows you to highlight the best and worst moments of your day. Also, you don't necessarily have to write down what you did, you can just write random thoughts that you maybe can't tell anyone! I, for one,  write down the weirdest ideas in my journal, and my deepest secrets. Anything you can't share with people, just because you want to keep it to yourself, can go into that journal instead of crowding your mind!

2. Keep a playlist of your favorite songs on your phone/mp3 player. Trust me, even though Youtube is everyone's best friend, sometimes you just want to listen some of your favorite tunes on-the-go without having to wait to open Youtube. So keep those favorite mood-boosting tracks stored somewhere!

3. Take a few minutes to yourself on your balcony or any outdoor place. Life can get hectic sometimes, but always remember to expose yourself to some fresh air! I, sometimes, walk out to my balcony at home, and I instantly feel refreshed and ready to continue my day in a better mood!

4. DRINK JUICE! I know this sounds kinda weird, like how will juice make anything better?Juice is delicious and healthy! It's the best guilt-free drink, not only will you have consumed a fruity mix of vitamins, you would have also enjoyed a yummy drink! I don't know about you but when I need a pick-me-up, I drink my favorite blood orange and mandarin juice!

5. DANCE! Dance anywhere, anytime, who cares who's watching?! I, personally, dance around my university like a maniac. Just yesterday, I was dancing around the locker room, then I turned around and saw someone walking behind me. Still not a bad idea, lol!

6. Use a perfume you actually really like. Boosted confidence=boosted mood! When you smell nice, you directly feel better about yourself! I keep a little bottle of perfume in my bag at all times especially when I have to spend 11 hours in my uni, the horror, lol.

7. EXERCISE. No this doesn't mean just going to the gym. Go for a run, do some squats at home, any movement is good. I should say this to myself honestly cause I don't exercise at all! But when I used to go to the gym I would always come back in a better mood. We should all start moving a bit more!

8. Take lots of pictures! I do a really weird thing every night before I sleep. It's not exactly weird really, but I don't think anyone does this. When I'm in bed after I say good night to the people I'm talking to, I directly open my phone's camera roll and check the pictures I took or were sent to me that day. It's my way of remembering the best moments of the day and the things that made me laugh or smile. 

9. Splurge occasionally. It's alright every once in a while to buy something downright stupid. If it's something you really want, it will make you happy. Don't be a crazy shopper and buy literally everything that catches your eye, but sometimes you can treat yourself to something you don't need at all but really want!

10. Finally SMILE! When you smile at others, ask them how they're doing, check up on the ones you care about, YOU will also feel better! It's known that for some reason, people get happier when they give gifts than when they receive them, so imagine how you'll feel when you give kindness to others! Help someone carry their bags, ask someone about their day, compliment your friend on his/her outfit! Kindness is happiness!
You all deserve some pretty flowers to make you happy on this fine day!!!
 


1 comment: