Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy International Women's Day!

Who Run The World?! GIRLS!

Beautiful weather on a calm Sunday, a perfect day to celebrate women! I feel like women all over the world deserve recognition every single day, but it's also pretty good to compress all the recognition into one day so that we feel special! 
Although I believe that all women deserve love and sweet words on this day, I'm going to talk about some women that have inspired me in my life.
I would like to start my inspiration women list with my favorite woman in the world, my mommy. No matter how old I am, I will always allow myself to be a child with my mom, she's the only one who understands me and will let me behave like a kid around her no matter what. She's the strongest soul I know, and I swear she's like a lioness when it comes to me, if anything hurts me, she will pounce at it, lol! My mom is the best woman in my life, or perhaps the best person in my life, a world without her would be absolute hell! Love ya mom!
Another woman that inspired me in my life has got to be my aunty Widdo. She was diagnosed with diabetes during her teenage years and continued to battle it all her life. Regardless of her severe illness, she was always cheerful and happy and would put me in the best mood. When I felt like I don't want to tell my mom something I'd end up telling my aunt, lol! I lost my aunt a few years ago, something that was really hard on me. But now I remember her as one of the women that inspired me most in my life.
One of the famous women that inspire me is Hilary Duff actually. In the midst of the fame craziness she was one of the few celebrities to stay normal. She's been my favorite celebrity ever since her Lizzie Mcguire days and I still follow up on what she's doing. She sings, acts, has a bunch of different lines, she has a little boy that she's raising, Hilary Duff does it all! 
Another totally inspirational woman in my life is my uncle's wife Rana Ahmad Hajjeh! It makes me so proud to tell people that she won best federal employee in the United States for her work in the CDC. I personally know what she's done in her life since I was a baby, and her job is not easy! I always wonder how she has it in her to go to the countries with the worst diseases for her job! But I guess selflessness, hard work, and persistence are her keys to success! 
Finally, regardless of the fact that I adore fashion, Coco Chanel has been an inspiration to me for a long time. She built a Chanel empire! I truly hope to one day follow in her footsteps, not necessarily in the fashion world, but perhaps I can one day inspire millions of women in all the generations!

The list of women that inspire me in my life is practically endless! Every woman I know has contributed in some way to making me be a better one myself! My grandmothers, my aunts, my friends actually (Elena & Livine, you guys are awesome!), and a bunch of other celebrities have inspired me through my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment