Friday, October 2, 2015

Driving in Lebanon: The Struggle

Anyone who's ever experienced driving in Lebanon knows how annoying it can be. Actually the driving part is fine, I honestly like driving, it's the people that I can't stand. (Side note: I'm writing this post while my neighbors are blasting music from their terrace, proof enough to show how annoying people can actually be). Anyway, I'm here to highlight on the most annoying things people do while driving in this county.

1. When they take up two lanes at the same time. Why? Isn't one lane enough?

2. When they honk at you cause you're stopped at a red light. Red means no, green means go.

3. When they're driving behind you and literally the only thing that can fit between the two cars is a pencil.

4. When they attempt to skip a full lane of traffic and then expect you let them back in.

5. When they throw something out of their window. It can literally be anything from wrappers to cigarettes to tissue to (and this is my personal favorite) the string beans shell or whatever (in other words mawssam el foul)

6. FOR GIRLS ONLY: When the guy in the car next to you awkwardly attempts to make eye contact with you in the midst of traffic.

7. Motorcycles. I literally don't think I even need to elaborate on this one. I once almost got hit by one, and I've definitely almost hit many. They just pop out of nowhere and expect you to see their little mobilette, NO. 

8. That car with the extremely loud music in the middle of traffic. They don't even bother keeping their windows shut, what's the point anyway? Their entire car is basically vibrating. *eyeroll*

9. When they drive extremely slowly cause they're lost and you just have to put up with their confusion for the next 10 minutes. 

10. The only upside are those traffic-free Sunday afternoons cruising with your friends! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment