Saturday, February 21, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey (the movie review post!)

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise.

Hi everyone! Yesterday night I finally watched Fifty Shades of Grey! I was really looking forward to this considering I've almost finished reading the entire trilogy! I have a lot to say about the movie, you can ask Elena, my favorite person in the world/twin/bestie who took me to watch it, and she'd totally agree that I have a lot to say cause I wouldn't shut up about it over dinner after watching it. Alright so, to begin with, I actually liked the movie, although it got really mixed reviews. Dakota Johnson really surprised me because I didn't expect her to fit the part but she did..really well. As for Jamie Dornan, well he's Jamie Dornan, enough said. But to be honest I thought he overdid the Christian Grey smirk. But generally, he was intense like Christian Grey and he also portrayed Christian's weakness in a perfect way! My favorite part, well it's not really a part, but I really loved that they kept the e-mails and we could actually read them ourselves. While reading the books I really liked it when they e-mailed each other so that was a nice touch to the movie. Obviously I'm in LOVE with the soundtrack! The songs were perfect in every single scene, like how did they do it?! I have two favorite scenes; the first is when he takes her in the helicopter and we hear Ellie Goulding's "Love me like you do" playing in the background, and my second favorite scene was when she was perkily cooking breakfast and he came and startled her. Finally though, I'd like to mention that I liked the book better. I liked the characters more in the book and the plot was more detailed, but that's understandable cause they have to compress the whole book into a two hour movie. 

I hope you guys somewhat agree with what I think and I'd love to know what you thought of the movie! 

Laters baby.
This would be the billboard that I mentioned in my previous Fifty Shades post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment