Monday, February 2, 2015

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY (PRE-MOVIE POST!!)


Hi everyone! Today on my way to the university, something made my day. I might sound shallow and some of you might judge me but seeing the Fifty shades of Grey billboard is what made my day. I, like most people out there, judged the books at first and complained about how they're overrrated. When the trailer of the movie came out, I, along with probably everyone else, hurried to watch it. Surpsingly enough, I didn't seem to mind it at all, in fact, I decided to start reading the books. Shocking isn't it? I usually like to read books before they turn them into a movie so this was the case here as well. I actually still remember the awkwardness of buying the book. I went alone, lol obviously. Then after having searched a few shelves for it, I finally found one copy. I picked it up and went to the cashier completely owning it although I was kind of shy about it. Got to the clerk, confidently placed the book on the counter, thanked God it's a girl, and took out my wallet. Just when I thought things were over and soon enough I'd have the book in my possession, the woman, while waiting for the receipt to come out, asked me if it's my first time reading a book like this. First time.. alright. I told her that it is and we talked about the book for a little while. She actually happened to be really nice and told me I'd, soon enough, be buying the sequel. Yep, a few weeks later I was on my way to buy not only the second but also the third.
Even though it's an international best-seller, I still know that there are many people who think the books are stupid. I beg to differ. I actually decided not to judge the book by its cover.. um literally.. and it turned out to be pretty good. The storyline is interesting, something new nothing like I've seen before. I won't actually talk about it because I'm saving my actual review for when the movie comes out, and I'm also going to do a book/movie comparison!
IT'S COMING OUT IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS YAY! Go watch it guys, and if you hate it then we'll just be discussing that in my next Fifty Shades post!
Please leave a comment about your opinion regarding the books or anything related!

No comments:

Post a Comment