Sunday, February 22, 2015

TOP 5 OSCARS LOOKS!!

Hi everyone! As most of you know, last night was one of the most anticipated award shows, the Oscars! As usual, I have a thing for looking at the outfits, but today I beat my record and actually checked the dresses at like 7 AM in the university cafeteria. God be with the people who hang out with me for dealing with this. So let's get down to it. 

5. 
Jessica Chastain wows in a Navy blue Givenchy dress. I'm usually not a fan of Givenchy dresses but this one's gorgeous! I love how it seems like two layers. The sequined part is such a nice touch to the dress. I especially loved the amount of skin it covers which is just the right amount! What is different about this look is that she didn't try to match the dress with a different color shoe. Instead she went with a navy pair of heels which are the exact color of her dress. She looks classy from head to toe. Her hair, makeup, and jewels add the perfect finishing touches!










4.
I usually refuse to agree with any of my guy friends if a girl is pretty but I can't with Margot Robbie cause I'd definitely be lying. She looks stunning in a Saint Laurent black dress that wraps perfectly around her body. I love the V-neck cut this dress has in which she filled up the void with a $1.5 million Van Cleef and Arpels  necklace known as the "Zip Antique" which is the exact replica of a necklace first commissioned by the Duchess of Windsor in 1938 (I think this is pretty cool). The sheer sleeves give her a sultry look without even trying. I especially love her cropped hair and I adore that she went with red lips that aren't extremely bold. It's nice to see something different from the usual bold red lip and black dress. Gorgeous Margot! 






3.
I just can't with Ralph & Russo! They're in my lists every single time! Their dresses are the definition of class! The light pink color of this dress works wonders on Gwenyth Paltrow's skin! What you can't see in this picture is that the left shoulder part of the dress is flower-shaped which is just perfect! I love that she pulled back her hair so we can see that work of art! Nice pick Gwenyth! 














2.
Elie, Elie, Elie... I think it's safe to call Elie Saab a fashion genius! Leave it to him to make Jennifer Lopez feel like a princess! I don't think a dress will ever match a skin tone as much as this one does! Even though it is baring, I didn't seem to mind cause it's too beautiful to care. It's practically dripping with sequins. AND THE FABRIC! Like I can't even touch it to see what it feels like but I can already imagine through the images and it's probably the softest thing to put on. I love the color, the design, the sequins, EVERYTHING! Elie Saab people, Elie Saab.









1.
Finally my favorite look from last night! Chrissy Teigen in none other than ZUHAIR MURAD! Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab are definitely competing in my head as to who's my favorite designer! Yep, both Lebanese! Not biased but come on practically every single celebrity has worn a dress designed by one of them at a certain point. Okay enough about my personal troubles in choosing a favorite designer! Look at this dress guys! It's deeply cut around the neck and has a daring thigh-high slit and they both accentuate Chrissy's body incredibly! The light ice-blue color of the dress creates a beautiful contrast with her dark-toned body! She looks like an ice princess meets mermaid. I love how the dress falls gently across her legs to end in a perfect little train. Zuhair Murad is magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment