Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Can you not?

Hi everyone! My post today can be considered a rant I guess but it's also a form of awareness about an issue that highly affects anyone who owns a car. 

Almost everyone nowadays has a form of attachment to their phones, it's always in their hands or at arm's reach at least, even while they're driving. The era of "texting and driving" has come upon us, it's been around for a while, but I only see it increasing instead of toning down although there are many awareness campaigns against it. What I see on my way to the university each day are people in their cars, with their left hand on the wheel, their neck painfully bent to their right side, and their eyes desperately trying to make sure they read and replied right to their text after which they cast a single glance at the road and go back to the same texting routine. 
Yep, I'm sure whoever you're texting there will grant you another life if you get in a car accident cause you're so absorbed in your phone instead of having your eyes on the road. Every time I see someone texting in the car I have a crazy urge to honk at them (which I do sometimes), I just can't tolerate their stupidity! Is whatsapp really that important? Oh and my personal favorite part of the whole thing, is when they slowly start drifting to my lane and end up in my lane just enough for me not to be able to pass them. Then I end up honking and they move and look at me, that look that just screams "what's your problem?", yes sorry I bothered your texting spree, my bad, please do continue.  I mean if the person you're talking to can't wait until you reach your destination to talk to you then who cares about them?! The people that care about you would actually want you to ignore your phone in order to stay safe on the road!
What I find funny is that those people who are in fact texting and driving, completely ignore their phones for other things that are less important. They ignore their phones while watching a movie for example, if you can ignore your phone in a movie theatre, can't you do that in the car? 
You're putting your lives and other people's lives in danger by doing this, just please stop.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, nowadays technology is all what people are thinking about, especially what we call whatsapp. Unfortunately, texting while driving has become so familiar in our society. We see people distracted with their phones instead of keeping their eyes on the road. All of that is just to ensure that a friend or a family member got the message or whatever before it's too late. I mean, if someone really cares about you, they wouldn't care about your reply. Instead they'd care about your safety. However, we are unable to realize this truth and we continue doing what's wrong just for the sake of others. As a result, a lot of accidents are observed and the death rate is obviously increasing. Just like you said, we are actually seeing this happen in front of us in our daily routines and we have heard on the news the consequences of using our phones while driving.

    ReplyDelete