Thursday, January 15, 2015

Two Masterpieces


I guess I've been having a really awesome week considering I watched two of the most amazing movies I've ever seen. I don't consider myself to be reviewing the movies right now because I am literally in no position to judge these movies in any way other than saying that they are incredible. They both narrate a certain part of the lives of two important and highly inspirational people. 

Let's talk about The Theory of Everything first. It talks about the part of Stephen Hawking's life in which he first discovers that he has a disease and how he battles it with his first wife Jane Wilde. The movie basically focuses on his marriage to Jane Wilde. The movie is heartbreaking, I cried a good number of times, but it is unmissable. It shows the difficulties Stephen overcomes, and how the love that he shares with Jane kept him going. Jane Wilde is an inspirational woman, and actress Felicity Jones portrayed her in an extraordinary way, I could actually feel all her emotions through the movie and I guess that's why I cried so much. Not to mention, Eddie Redmayne who played Stephen Hawking in an out of this world way, the resemblance is mind-blowing and his acting is honestly completely deserving of the Golden Globe award he won a few days ago. This movie is, hands down, one of the best movies I've seen and it's a shame to miss it. 

Moving on to The Imitation Game now! Two words: Benedict Cumberbatch. Can this actor get any better? He honestly impressed me and probably everyone watching this movie by his performance. The movie talks about the mathematician, Alan Turing, who develops a machine that cracks Enigma. I'm not going to go into the details of what that is, you're going to have to watch! The whole movie keeps you at the edge of your seat, no suspense, no crazy action scenes, nothing like that, and yet the anticipation you feel in this movie is really strong. The part that really struck me most was the ending in which we are told about something that Queen Elizabeth II did for Turing, which I will not be revealing here, it doesn't really affect the movie events but I enjoyed reading it at the end of the movie so I want everyone else to enjoy it too! Amazing movie, PERFECT cast, and a truly mind-blowing story! 

"This is culture."

No comments:

Post a Comment