Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ed Sheeran's Tribute to his Grandfather




I recently received Ed Sheeran's latest album X as a gift so it's obviously been all I listen to for a while now. I assume many of you do this; I had a few favorites on the album so I kept them on repeat completely ignoring other songs. Yesterday, though, I thought hey let me check out those last couple songs on the album that I previously hadn't listened to. And oh my God guys I ended up absolutely falling love with the last song "Afire Love". As I listened to the lyrics I noticed that it's some sort of tribute to his grandfather. The song talks about how his grandfather had Alzheimer's disease and the love that he shared with his wife. My favorite part is the chorus in which Ed writes "I could look into your eyes until the sun comes up, and we're wrapped in light, in life, in love", a line that Ed Sheeran says his grandfather would say to his grandmother. This song is beautiful, heartwarming, and honestly a bit sad. The combination of the music, the lyrics, and Ed's soft voice creates a beautiful tribute to his grandfather that you should all listen to!

No comments:

Post a Comment